Opioid use could increase risk of hip fracture in people with Alzheimer’s disease
Ruth Sander Independent consultant, Care of older people
People using moderate or strong opioid painkillers have a higher risk of sustaining a hip fracture than those not using opioids, new research has revealed.
Nursing Older People.
31, 2, 10-10.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now