Long-term proton pump inhibitor use does not raise hip fracture risk
Ruth Sander Independent consultant, Care of the older person
Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) reduce the production of stomach acid and are effective drugs for gastro-oesophageal reflux disease that are commonly prescribed to older people.
Nursing Older People. 30, 4, 13-13. doi: 10.7748/nop.30.4.13.s11
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now