How can we help older people in care homes stay connected with local young people?
Hazel Heath Independent nurse consultant
Activities such as cooking and growing plants help relationships develop between the generations
Older people connecting with children is one of the most natural and beautiful of human interactions. A variety of methods for creating intergenerational connections with older people living in care homes have been highlighted in the national media (
Nursing Older People. 30, 1, 19-19. doi: 10.7748/nop.30.1.19.s18
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now