How do I manage the care of an older person with delirium?
Clifford Kilgore Nurse consultant, Intermediate care and older people, Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation Trust, Poole, Dorset, England
National guidelines recommend prompt detection of delirium by screening older people on admission to hospital
Delirium is a condition that causes an acute confusional state and 96% of cases in the hospital setting are experienced by older people (Royal College of Nursing 2020).
Nursing Older People. 32, 3, 11-11. doi: 10.7748/nop.32.3.11.s10
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now