How do I manage delirium in older people with COVID-19?
Angeline Price Advanced clinical practitioner, Ageing and Complex Medicine Department, Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Salford
Delirium is a common COVID-19 symptom and it can increase the risk of death
What is the link between COVID-19 and delirium?
As the pandemic has unfolded it has become apparent that COVID-19 presents differently in older people, especially in those with frailty. Studies have shown that one third of older patients admitted to hospital with COVID-19 have delirium at the time of presentation.
Nursing Older People.
33, 1, 13-13.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now