Ruth Williams Freelance writer
Around one million people aged 65 and over in the UK report that they are often or always lonely, according to the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE). In response, the SCIE has published Tackling Loneliness and Social Isolation: The Role of Commissioners, which identifies and examines the evidence on possible interventions, provides examples of emerging practice across the UK, and considers what needs to happen to create a more conducive commissioning environment.
Nursing Management. 25, 1, 15-15. doi: 10.7748/nm.25.1.15.s13
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now