Praise us as professionals not heroes, says chief nurse
Nurse leaders celebrated the profession on International Nurses Day under the shadow of the COVID-19 pandemic
Nurses are not heroes, but expert professionals, England’s chief nursing officer Ruth May stressed during the Covid-19 crisis. Speaking at St Thomas’ Hospital in London, where Florence Nightingale established her nursing school 160 years ago, Ms May said that while support from the public was welcome during the COVID-19 crisis, some misconceptions remained.
Nursing Management. 27, 3, 6-6. doi: 10.7748/nm.27.3.6.s2
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now