Using DVDs to educate children before surgery
Jackie Vasey Principal lecturer in child nursing, University of Huddersfield, on behalf of the RCN’s Research in Child Health Community
Parents are encouraged and expected to provide physical, psychological and emotional care to their child following day surgery, usually without any prior knowledge.
Nursing Children and Young People. 29, 9, 22-22. doi: 10.7748/ncyp.29.9.22.s21
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now