Stop bombarding children with junk food advertising
Judith Ellis Children’s nurse and chief executive, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, a steering group member of the Obesity Health Alliance
Nurses must act as role models and support all efforts to tackle the growing obesity crisis
A year ago the government launched Childhood Obesity: A Plan for Action. This long-awaited plan had been eagerly anticipated by health professionals after the government promised it would be a comprehensive and far-reaching strategy to tackle the devastating childhood obesity crisis.
Nursing Children and Young People.
29, 7, 12-12.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now