Many young people say they had negative experiences of inpatient mental health units
Simon Nielson Mental health nurse, PhD student and graduate teaching assistant, faculty of health and social care, Edge Hill University, Ormskirk
This study highlights the importance of relationships, emotional fragility and the lasting impact of being in an inpatient mental health unit can have on a young person.
Nursing Children and Young People. 30, 2, 19-19. doi: 10.7748/ncyp.30.2.19.s19
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now