Patient suicide: why nurses need colleagues’ support to grieve
Amie Whitter Senior mental health nurse, NHS child and adolescent emergency response team
The suicide of a patient can have a devastating effect and provoke feelings of failure
The day I learned of the death by suicide of a child in my care, my world stopped.
Mental Health Practice.
24, 2, 13-14.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now