Diagnostic overshadowing: the menopause and mental health
Menopause and perimenopause can be misdiagnosed and nurses need to be wary of making assumptions – which might prevent women getting the treatment they need
Most women will experience the menopause at some point in their lives, with symptoms such as hot flushes, night sweats and vaginal dryness.
Mental Health Practice.
25, 5, 15-17.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now