UN findings on UK disability rights ‘shameful and alarming’
Patients shortchanged by government policies, says RCN lead
A report has revealed the negative impact of UK government welfare policies on patients with disabilities. The United Nations (UN) Committee on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities concluded that the UK has not done enough to protect the rights of people with disabilities to live independently, work and enjoy social protection without discrimination.
Learning Disability Practice. 20, 5, 6-6. doi: 10.7748/ldp.20.5.6.s2
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now