Rise in life expectancy needs special attention
‘Active ageing’ initiative aimed at maximising well-being
People with learning disabilities are living longer and services need to reflect this, delegates at the conference were told. Edge Hill University senior lecturer Jim Ridley said: ‘When we think about people with learning disabilities, we know there has been a significant rise in life expectancy over the past 60 years and longer.
Learning Disability Practice. 20, 6, 9-9. doi: 10.7748/ldp.20.6.9.s8
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now