Mental health nursing students insufficiently prepared to care for those with learning disabilities
Stacey Atkinson Matron/manager, inpatient services for people with learning disabilities and lead nurse, St Mary’s Hospital, Leeds
People with learning disabilities have a high prevalence of mental health needs and it is the norm for many people with learning disabilities to be nursed in generic mental healthcare settings.
Learning Disability Practice. 20, 5, 11-11. doi: 10.7748/ldp.20.5.11.s12
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now