Cathal McCarthy Artistic director, Carrowbeg Theatre
Carrowbeg Theatre Company was formed in 2000 from a partnership between a local arts centre and a voluntary training centre operated by Western Care Association. Its ten members take part in various weekly workshops covering a range of skills required for the theatre: for example, gymnastics, time-lapse animation, photography, music, visual art and music. Each project the group undertakes is unique and is always created using the skills and ideas of professional visiting artists.
Learning Disability Practice. 11, 9, 22-23. doi: 10.7748/ldp.11.9.22.s21
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now