Blair Joanne Lecturer, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Queen’s University Belfast
Aicardi syndrome, first identified by Jean Aicardi in the mid-1960s, is a rare and severe neurodevelopmental disorder (Aicardi 2003). It is thought to affect up to 4,000 individuals worldwide. There is no clear understanding of the aetiology of this condition, but it is known to be an X-linked dominant condition found almost exclusively in females.
Learning Disability Practice. 23, 4, 14-15. doi: 10.7748/ldp.23.4.14.s11
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now