Pain management for patients with chest drains
Elizabeth Gray Sister, Glenfield General Hospital, Leicester
The management of chest drains is very complex and pain control is often given very little thought. It is not necessarily always considered to be a priority. This article considers the reality of pain management problems and describes how a theoretical framework (the gate theory of pain) can help to solve the pain management problems of patients with chest drains.
Emergency Nurse. 8, 1, 28-32. doi: 10.7748/en2000.04.8.1.28.c1316
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now