Pain management for patients with chest drains
Elizabeth Gray Sister, Glenfield General Hospital, Leicester
The management of chest drains is very complex and pain control is often given very little thought. It is not necessarily always considered to be a priority. This article considers the reality of pain management problems and describes how a theoretical framework (the gate theory of pain) can help to solve the pain management problems of patients with chest drains.
8, 1, 28-32.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now