Calling 111 before accessing emergency care is a barrier
Kim Moore Senior lecturer, Mental health and disability at Birmingham City University
Trials aimed at reducing transmission of COVID-19 could have a negative effect on some mental health service users
In July, NHS England confirmed that it was expanding trials where patients are encouraged to call 111 before going to emergency departments (EDs), to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19.
28, 6, 14-14.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now