ED attendances tumble during COVID-19 outbreak
People with symptoms of strokes or heart attacks are staying away
Emergency department (ED) visits fell by nearly one third in March compared with a year earlier, while the number of people seeking help for suspected heart attacks almost halved, figures show.
Emergency Nurse. 28, 3, 6-6. doi: 10.7748/en.28.3.6.s2
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now