Emergency nurse spearheads huge improvement at Kent trust
Cliff Evans’ team have produced a 50% reduction in mortality and a 70% reduction in harm to patients
‘I have never worked anywhere that was so unsafe for patients,’ says emergency department (ED) nurse consultant Cliff Evans of Medway Maritime Hospital in Kent. He was seconded there in 2015 by NHS England to address its high mortality rates.
Emergency Nurse. 25, 7, 18-20. doi: 10.7748/en.25.7.18.s19
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now