COVID-19: diary of an emergency nurse
Extracts from the diary of an anonymous emergency nurse provide a moving account of what it means to be on the front line
7.15am Arrive at work. My shift starts at 8am, but I haven’t been at work for two days and things may have changed drastically – if I’m going to act as an effective shift leader I need to spend some time figuring these changes out before the rest of the team gets in.
Emergency Nurse. 28, 3, 8-9. doi: 10.7748/en.28.3.8.s8
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now