Breaking bad news: what you need to know
Informing patients and their families is never easy, but it is part of emergency department life
When Angela Harris started out in emergency nursing, she says it was rare for nurses to take the lead in breaking bad news. This has now changed for the better, she says.
28, 6, 8-10.
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
Your subscription package includes:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now