Specialist nurses are needed now more than ever
Nikki Morris @nikki_a_morris Chair, RCN cancer and breast care forum and chief executive officer of Age UK Camden
People with cancer may need someone with expert knowledge to help them ‘pick up the pieces’
Recently, I had coffee with the consultant who employed me as the first specialist nurse in his gynaecology oncology team, and one of the first specialist nurses in a large teaching hospital.
Cancer Nursing Practice. 19, 2, 15-15. doi: 10.7748/cnp.19.2.15.s10
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now