Making the move from the NHS to private healthcare
Helen Dutton Oncology nurse adviser, Bupa
Oncology nurse Helen Dutton describes her move from working in the NHS to private healthcare
When I began my nurse training 30 years ago I thought I would be working in the NHS until I retired. But in 2017, after working in oncology for more than 20 years – latterly as a Macmillan lung cancer nurse specialist – the pilot project I led was coming to an end and I needed a new challenge.
Cancer Nursing Practice. 19, 4, 17-17. doi: 10.7748/cnp.19.4.17.s13
Want to read more?
Subscribe for unlimited access
Try 1 month’s access for just £1 and get:
- Full access to the website and the online archive
- Bi-monthly digital edition
- RCNi Portfolio and interactive CPD quizzes
- RCNi Learning with 200+ evidence-based modules
- 10 articles a month from any other RCNi journal
Already subscribed? Log in
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now