Does empathic care help and can it be taught?
Jeremy Howick Professor of empathic healthcare and director, Stoneygate Centre for Empathic Healthcare
Anna Kendrick Education and practice development sister, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
Elizabeth Anderson Professor of interprofessional education and patient safety lead, Leicester Medical School, University of Leicester
Research shows that empathy, a theme of nurse education, can calm anxiety and improve patient outcome
The Stoneygate Centre for Empathic Healthcare, established at the University of Leicester in June 2022, is pioneering a new approach to medical, nursing and allied health education and training that positions empathy at the heart of healthcare delivery.
Cancer Nursing Practice.
22, 6, 12-13.
Want to read more?
Already subscribed? Log in
Unlock full access to RCNi Plus today
Save over 50% on your first 3 months
Your subscription package includes:
- Unlimited online access to all 10 RCNi Journals and their archives
- Customisable dashboard featuring 200+ topics
- RCNi Learning featuring 180+ RCN accredited learning modules
- RCNi Portfolio to build evidence for revalidation
- Personalised newsletters tailored to your interests
Alternatively, you can purchase access to this article for the next seven days. Buy now